• Hungary might be a land-locked country without an ocean, but it’s home to the largest lake in Central Europe, and during summertime, you can come here for a beach holiday.
• Currency: Hungarian Forint (HUF)
• Official language: Hungarian.
• Capital: Budapest
• Member of EU: Since 2004.
• Member of Nato: Yes
• Budapest is the capital of Hungary and the largest city, by far. Over 1.7 million people live in Budapest – roughly one fifth of the total population of Hungary (9.7 million).
•  McDonald’s was the first foreign restaurant offering fast food services in Hungary.
• Germany is the largest export partner in Hungary.

Required documents
• Passport Scan Copy
• Full Permanent Address
• Planned Date Of Travel
• CV (certificates and diploma)
• Previous Visas (if available)
• Copy temporary or permanent residence permit (if available)

Which documents we provide for you?
• Work  permit
• Work agreement
• Letter of accommodation
• Guarantee letter

Process time
2 months
Documents which you should submit to the Embassy of Hungary: 
• Dully filled and signed application form for residence permit and Appendix 10 – find it on the website of Immigration and Asylum Office of Hungary
• Valid passport with the previous (old) passports (at least 2 blank pages in the valid passport are needed , the passport has to be issued within the previous 10 years) Passport must be valid until the end of your employment.
• 2 passport-size photos (not older than 3 months )
• Flight booking
• Accommodation proof for the whole period of stay
• Valid insurance (just travel insurance, if general insurance will be provided by the employer)
• Bank statement about the last 6 months
• Proof of income, if its applicable
• Signed preliminary employment contract issued by employer. It must contain the duration and conditions of work and salary details.
• Valid preliminary “Workforce Needs Registration Form” issued by competent Hungarian authority.
• School certificates in English (the most recent school certificates which are related to the job, should be legalised by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and attached with certified Hungarian translation)
• Birth Certificate issued by the public authorities
• Clear character certificate issued by competent police department
• CV in English
• Declaration on the member of immediate family members under the applicant’s financial support, if the applicant’s status is married

Work Permit
Hungary offers work permit to non-eu persons which wish to work legally in Hungary employed by a local Hungarian company with a labour contract. You will receive residence permit (work permit) will be issued based on employed purposes with validity based on your contract with the employer.
The residence permit allows you to freely travel in schengen countries for upto 90 days in 180 period. You cannot work in other schengen countries with this permit. Also you will need to apply for new work permit if you change your employer. The work permit issued as unified residence permit card is renewable.
EU citizens are not required to apply for work permit when taking up employment in Hungary.

Documents required
• The labour contract or other employment agreement meeting certain criteria prepared by professionals.
• Depending on various factors, the application can be submitted in the home country (Hungarian embassy or in certain cases consulate, depending on the current country of residence) or if in Hungary already, at the competent regional directorate of the immigration authority.
• Address registration in Hungary (housing contract)
• Health insurance coverage
• Sufficient funds for living (bank account statements)
• TAX number from NAV
• Social security number
We assist clients with the work permit services such as
• Legal assistance.
• Assistance in compiling the necessary documentation.
• Representing the client in the process with power of attorney. (If applicant is required to appear in person we will inform you and assist in this matter. If applicant is required to do so this would be only once)
• Official translations of mandatory documentation.
• Opening bank account

Process Time:
2 months

EU Blue Card
EU Blue card is a residence permit in Hungary, entitling its highly qualified holder to reside and work in highly qualified employment in the territory of a Member State under the terms set out the relevant legislation. The validity period of an EU Blue Card shall be four years maximum, and it may be extended by four additional years at a time.
EU Blue Card holders has the right of entry without a visa and the right of residence in the territory of Schengen Member States not exceeding ninety days within a one hundred and eighty day period.
EU Blue Card is valid for up to four (4) years and is processed within 90 days, in frames of a Single Application Procedure. One must have worked in Hungary for 18 months already on an advanced skills work permit.  Please note that, for a period of two years after the date of issue, the holder of an EU Blue Card shall be allowed to work  only in the employment relationship for which it was issued, or  only in an employment relationship authorised in connection with domestic employment policy considerations, for the purpose of highly qualified employment.
The fee charged for the procedure for issuing an EU Blue Card is EUR 60 if submitted abroad, or HUF 18,000 if submitted in Hungary. The fee charged for the extension of an EU Blue Card is HUF 10,000, payable by the applicant in the form of revenue stamp. In case of refusal, the decision may be appealed within 8 days of delivery, submitted with the authority of the first instance, or at the Hungarian diplomatic or consular mission where the application was submitted.

How to apply for EU Blue Card?
EU Blue Card entitles its owner, who has an advanced skills work permit, to reside in the territory of any of the EU Member States (Hungary included).
To apply for a Blue Card, the applicant must:
• have a valid work contract or binding job offer for highly qualified employment with a duration of at least 1 year;
• meet the minimum salary threshold in the Member State concerned (see below);
• for regulated professions: present documents proving that the national legal requirements are met;
• for unregulated professions: present documents proving that the relevant higher professional qualifications are met (for more information about higher professional qualifications, see the FAQ section);
• present a valid travel document, an application for a visa or a visa (if necessary), and a valid residence permit or a national long-term visa (if appropriate);
• present a proof of sickness insurance (or a proof of having applied for it).
An EU Blue Card may be given to a third-country national if he/she:
• has a valid travel document;
• able to verify the purpose of his/her entry and stay;
• not subject to expulsion or exclusion, and is not considered to be a threat to public security or public health, or to the national security of Hungary;
• · a SIS alert has not been issued for the purposes of refusing his/her entry and residence; and
• not subject to any grounds for exclusion provided for by law;
•  employment is justified in line with specific guidelines laid down by the relevant legislation, or on grounds of domestic employment policy considerations;
• has full healthcare insurance or applied for coverage for healthcare services with respect to all periods when his/her contract for employment relationship carries no insurance; and
•  has notified the address of his/her accommodation in the territory of Hungary.
A third-country national holding a residence permit issued by any Member State of the European Union for the
purpose of highly qualified employment shall be issued a EU Blue Card:
• after eighteen months of legal residence in the Member State having issued the EU Blue Card, and
• if able to meet the above-specified requirements for receiving an EU Blue Card.
• must not pose a threat to public policy in the view of the Member State. S/he may also be required to provide his/her address in that Member State.
An EU Blue Card may not be issued to:
• any third-country national who has applied for refugee status to the refugee authority, or who requested any subsidiary form of protection or temporary protection from the refugee authority;
• any person who has been granted any subsidiary form of protection or temporary protection in Hungary;
• any person who has been granted temporary protection;
• any third-country national holding a residence permit for the purpose of carrying out research;
• any person authorised under specific other legislation to exercise the right of free movement and residence;
• any third-country national holding an EC permanent residence permit certifying long-term residence status granted by any Member State of the European Union;
• any third-country national who enter the territory of Hungary under commitments contained in an international agreement facilitating the entry and temporary stay of certain categories of trade and investment-related natural persons;
• any third-country national who is residing in the territory of Hungary with a residence permit issued for the purpose of seasonal employment, or who has been admitted to any Member State of the European Union as a seasonal worker;
• any third-country national covered by Directive 96/71/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 16 December 1996 concerning the posting of workers in the framework of the provision of services, as long as he/she is posted on the territory of Hungary.